The most anticipated movie of the year Ek Tha Tiger is set to release in 3 days and the hype and excitement is surely building up. The one question that is on everyone’s mind right now is that will Ek Tha Tiger be able to break every possible record at the Indian box office.
Well the odds are definitely in favour of the movie, here’s why.
– Salman Khan is on a roll, his last films Dabangg, Ready and Bodyguard have all been super hits and made it to the 100 crore club. He is in the best phase of his career and undoubtedly the most popular star in the country right now.
– Katrina Kaif, the lead actress of Ek Tha Tiger has a huge fan following herself. She is one of those rare actresses who can guarantee a good opening on her own. Remember Mere Brother Ki Dulhan?
– This is Salman’s first movie with Yash Raj Films, the biggest production house in the country. The hype has definitely doubled because of this combination.
– Ek Tha Tiger releases on 15th August, which is a national holiday. The audience is sure to make the most out of their holiday and watch Salman Khan in action.
– Since it releases on a Friday, Ek Tha Tiger will enjoy a 5 day long weekend. With so much hype around it and a long weekend, we expect it to shatter box office records.
– The tickets prices for the movie have been raised by 10-15% and this will lead to more revenue collection.
– Ek Tha Tiger is releasing at a record number of screens, as far as the multiplexes are concerned they have allotted almost 90% of their shows to the Salman-Katrina starrer.
With so much going for it, we think Ek Tha Tiger might just go on to establish new records at the Indian box office. It is Yash Raj Films costliest movie till date and has been made on a budget of 75 crore. Will it be able to have a 30 crore first day? Will it be able to go past Aamir Khan’s 3 Idiots and become only the second film to collect more than 200 crore at the Indian box office?
The countdown starts now!