TB ‘Audience-O-Meter’ analyzes the Bollywood release for the week from an audience and box office perspective. In short, we try to find out what might work for the movie and make it click with the audience and what might not- a day before the film releases worldwide!
Here is the ‘Audience-O-Meter’ for Teri Meri Kahaani which releases tomorrow.
Story: Teri Meri Kahaani is the story of eternal romance between two soul mates who are connected to each other across generations. The audience will get to see three love stories between Shahid and Priyanka based in years 1910, 1960 and 2012. Shahid plays Javed, Govind and Krish while Priyanka plays Aaradhna, Rukhsar and Radha. Directed by Kunal Kohli, it promises to be a tale of everlasting love.
1. Shahid and Priyanka’s chemistry was well appreciated in their last movie together, Kaminey. The audience expects the same this time around.
2. The film has been promoted extremely well, all around the world including three premieres in Dubai, London & Toronto.
3. The songs are hit, especially ‘Mukhtasar’.
4. No other big release this week, even Rowdy Rathore is in it’s fourth week.
1. The pre-release buzz is average.
2. Shahid’s last romantic outing Mausam didn’t interest the audience.
3. Will have to depend on word of mouth to achieve hit status.
4. Single screen collections likely to be on the lower side.
We think Teri Meri Kahaani will have an average opening at the box office. The film will attract the college going crowd, but from there on it will have to depend on good worth of mouth. We wish the entire team of Teri Meri Kahaani good luck. Go watch the movie this weekend and don’t forget to share your views with us.