This Friday’s release Bittoo Boss will see TV actor Pulkit Samrat make his Bollywood debut. Pulkit, who became a household name by playing the character of Lakshya in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bhu Thi left television because he found it uninteresting! The actor chased his Bollywood dreams and finally bagged a lead role in director Supavitra Babul’s Bittoo Boss.
The film has been in news for its controversial promo which was rejected by the Censor Board. After redesigning the promo and getting it cleared by the Censor, Bittoo Boss releases worldwide tomorrow on April the 13th. Lets take a sneak peak at the movie and see what might work in its favour!
Story: The story is about Bittoo, who shoots videos at weddings. He is very popular in his small town and is always the most wanted person in all the weddings that take place in the area. Bittoo’s life changes when he falls in love with a girl, played by Amita Pathak. He now has to earn a lot of money but only in a limited time. What will Bittoo do? To find that out, you will have to watch the film!
What works in favour of Bittoo Boss:
1. The controversial promos have already made the film famous
2. The movie comes from the makers of Pyar Ka Punchama which was a surprise hit of 2011
3. Pulkit Samrat is a known face especially with the TV audience
4. No big releases this week
5. Bittoo Boss has been promoted well, even by Salman Khan!
6. Success of movies like Kahaani and Paan Singh Tomar show that the Indian audience has matured and small movies work big time if they have good content and are able to click with the audience.
What might not work in favour of Bittoo Boss:
1. No big names
2. Last week’s release Housefull 2 still going strong
3. No big opening due to lack of stars
4. Have to rely on good word of mouth publicity
Will 13th the Friday prove lucky for Bittoo Boss? Let’s wait and watch! We are surely looking forward to this one.
Go watch Bittoo Boss this weekend and don’t forget to share your views with us!